I’ve been working on taking better photos of my work. Here’s some of the progression from shots yesterday and today.
I used a piece of linen for the background, which takes away from the earrings. Because I was so close to the earrings, I couldn’t get the depth of field right so there’s blur. I was also having problems with the white balance.
I moved the piece of linen back and hung the earrings on a rod. Better, but not great.
I put a piece of foil behind the earrings, hung them from a rod, and put a small light beneath and slightly behind the earrings. Better, but still not great.
I moved the foil to about 10″ behind the stand. I had a small light below and a bit behind the earrings. This time, I put the camera on a tripod and used a 2 second self timer so I wouldn’t be holding the camera when the shutter opened.
I’m still not thrilled, but I am getting better. There are still blurry beads.
The earring making frenzy started on Tuesday. I wanted earrings to go with my blouse that features pink flamingos. So I made these:
Yesterday, I had planned on doing some sewing until I saw that I had neglected to put the beads away and I had containers of beads on my cutting table. So I decided to make earrings rather than sew. The other three pair of earrings are what I made yesterday.
I’m linking with Nina Marie here. Check out what she was up to this week and take a look at some of the other blogs liked to hers. There’s some great art in there.